Wednesday 19 December 2012

Recovering a chair

This past weekend, I finally got around to re-covering my old old chair. This chair belonged to my Great Gran. So it is really old. And dusty. And brown. (yes the fabric is supposed to be brown, but I don't like the colour brown, and so wasn't a big fan of the chair). So I unpicked the fabric. Noted how gross the foam was inside the chair. Sneezed a bit. Cut out a new pattern from the old. Bought new foam. Adjusted the covers on my sewing machine (when I found out I couldn't do a curved back). Stuffed them (actually Jon did). And now I sit on my chair. The firmer foam in the seat also means that you don't sink to the floor when you sit in it.

So pictures:



~ Liz.

PS. I haven't sewn the cushion cover yet. I just wrapped a pillow in the fabric I will use. The yellow of the cushion is very similar to the yellow in the stripe of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment