Tuesday 4 September 2012

Funtastic Friday...

Every Friday a friend and I run a craft group. It is my favourite day of the week. This week I sewed a test pattern for an apron. This is what it looked like. (I actually sewed the pocket on crooked -oops)

Our craft group is run as both a place where friends are made, and where community service hours can be done. The group is part of five8, who have friendship groups for prisoners, and other such things. Check out their website five8.org

We sew lots of other things for the five8 social enterprise, such as wheatbags, re-usable fruit and veggie bags, and scarves. We often have stalls and such things too, and are going to set up a online shop soon, where you can find five8's products to buy.

I will do a full post of our Friday fun and frivolity soon.... one day!
~ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment