Thursday 27 September 2012

How does your garden grow?

Saturday was a beautiful warm day. 21C. YAY. Jon and I decided to enjoy it outside, rather than cooped up inside, and so we went to bunnings, and bought some veggies to plant. (Yes, I dragged Jon away from practicing music for Sunday Church, it wasn't even too hard with the allure of warmth outside!)

I counted the number of seedlings in each punnet to get the maximum quantity of plants for $. I managed to get a bonus zucchini and a bonus tomato plant in my search. So it was well worth it.

We don't have much garden. (more than at our old apartment), but still not much at all. So we planted them in our skinny little strip between our front door and the street. Here are some photos for you.
I also popped some seeds (basil and coriander) into pots, so hopefully soon we can have some fresh herbs to cook with. And we harvested the first of our compost, so hopefully they will all grow well!
~Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment