Friday 12 October 2012

An attempt


I recently attempted making my own screen using drawing fluid and screen filler. Let just say.... I learnt a lot!

I painted on the drawing fluid, quite thick, (perhaps a little too thick, as then it ran when i put the screen filler over the top).



I then poured, and squeegied the screen filler over the drawing fluid. You can only do one (1) swipe of the screen filler, as the drawing fluid starts to dissolve into the screen filler, and makes your images not so crisp and clear. I have not yet perfected the method of using either the screen filler or drawing fluid. I will need to practice some more. But I will let you know my results as I go. (note the small hole just next to the flame of the candle)


And then this happened. No it will most likely not happen to you, unless you also put your scissors through your screen, but decided to proceed with adding drawing fluid, and then screen filler over the top, because really it can't get any worse right.... wrong. My screen spilt in two. What was a small hole, over night (I pressume as the filler dried, and tightened the screen) became a massive tear. So I rinsed out the drawing fluid, just to see what it had done, and left my screen to die in a corner of my house for the next month or so. It looked ok... (not tested with printing) except for the massive tear. I would have liked my images to be a little more crisp around the edges. So next time I trial this, I will attempt to not put too much, nor too little blue drawing fluid on. (too much runs, too little is just covered up with the red screen filler).


And so the moral of this story is... Don't stick scissors through screens.... it doesn't end well.

~Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment