Tuesday 16 October 2012

Making buisness cards

I thought I'd post my method of making business cards. It is very easy. It is also the method I put my details on the back of cards I screen print.


I designed a stamp in photoshop, just black imaging on a white background, then I took it to Office works, and had them make just the rubber section of the stamp. I stuck it onto a piece of timber, (which took me 45min to cut with a hand saw, because I chose red gum to cut!) I stuck the stamp on, and proceeded to stamp everything, everywhere! Or maybe just lots of them.

Things I might do differently... Make sure the timber has a truely very flat surface, because the slightest dent means that the stamp on that section won't print. Also maybe have slightly bolder letters for some words. The thinner words are more easily stuffed up with too much ink/movement etc.

That is all.
~Liz.

3 comments:

  1. It's very easy to make it..i wish to give it a try for plastic business cards that look simple and easy to make like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can this stamp is useful for plastic cards will it be permanent or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp is only a water based ink, and so would not stay on plastic.

      Delete